Dear Family,

I am thrilled that Dad is sending his devotionals by email. He has a wealth of wisdom. "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom" Proverbs 9:10. The treasure trove of gems he daily mines from God's Word and the books he reads become more precious as he shares them. Miles separate us, but cyberspace has stepped in to bring us closer together and enable Dad to share in this way. I am posting his devotionals on Blogger by request of many who wanted to be "adopted family" in order to read his devotionals.

Because I have often wanted to share photographs, slide shows, and short home movies with you, I am starting a blog for that purpose. Dad bought me a digital camera in spite of my protests, but I have enjoyed using it and wish to share the joy in the photos I have taken.

In our earlier days much of our lives was documented with slides. However, slides cannot be enjoyed unless they are projected on a screen--that is, until the dawn of the digital world. I have scanned all those slides on to my computer, but here they sit. Now, with the help of Blogger, I can share them with you as I have time to upload them, and you can view them at your leisure.

I'm sure these iMages will evoke memories, and I hope you will not mind indulging my musings. Also, there may by memos I wish to share from time to time.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Greeting to Friends and Family

December 17, 2008
Dear Ones:

Isaiah and David express my prayer: “I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the Lord, and the praises of the Lord, according to all that the Lord hath bestowed on us” Is. 63:7. “Remember, O Lord, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindknesses, for they have been ever of old” Ps. 25:6.

Mercies. Lovingkindnesses. As I engaged in writing our memoirs the first half of the year, I was constantly reminded that they indeed had been “ever of old.” For the abundance of these, we bow at the throne of our precious Saviour and give humble thanks.

On May 11th we announced: “Becky received a Mother's Day gift this morning at 7:57. He weighed 7 pounds 7 ounces and is their 7th blessing from the Lord…” Samuel Tate was our 27th grandchild. His mother was our 7th child--my Mother's Day gift 36 years ago.” Samuel’s oldest brother turned 9 May 16th. Coming early, Samuel was two weeks old before I got there to help.

To celebrate our Golden Wedding Anniversary, we had a family reunion in Sedona, Arizona, in June. We had a blessed time together, although we missed the ones who were unable to attend.

In September, I flew to Tucson to help Becky during Adam’s hospitalization. My two-week stay stretched to 3 months because of the unexpected complications of Adam’s colectomy. Thank you to all who prayed for Adam and all of us. Ron helped Adam in his ministry from October 23rd to Dec. 4th. We’re happy to report that Adam is on the road to recovery and we are back home.

Judson and Maria announced the arrival of grandchild #28: “On September 28th God blessed us with a beautiful baby girl, Aliya Grace. She was 8 pounds 9 ounces and absolutely perfect.” Aliya Grace arrived just as they were moving into their newly purchased home in Sterling!

In September Ron began sending devotional emails to the family. He had requests from others to be “adopted family” so they, too, could read them. Then Becky created a blogspot. You are welcome to visit “Dad’s Bible Blog” at ronblough.blogspot.com. Leave a comment if you do, so we can keep in touch. You’ll find links to blogs of some of our kids there. Our email addresses: ronblough@gmail.com, mblough99829@gmail.com. Mail: Box 624, Hoonah, AK 99829.

The Lord blessed Cheyne’s family with a good fishing season, which has enabled them to continue building their home on Eagle Drive here in Hoonah. The building fete of constructing this home on the side of a mountain is amazing! It is three stories, and they have designated the top floor, which is level with the road, for our dwelling, The Lord has marvelously enabled Cheyne and Ronda to design and build this home themselves. Fourteen-year-old son Daulton has been an excellent help! Ashley (10) and Wesley (8) have done their part, too. Carey helped with the dirt work and is now doing the wiring.

As the year ends, we lift our hearts’ cry to God for His continued mercies, which our family so dearly needs. “Hear me, O Lord; for thy lovingkindness is good; turn unto me according to the multitude of thy tender mercies” Psalm 69:16. Pray for God to use us here in Hoonah.

Wishing you the joy of our matchless Saviour as you celebrate His incarnation,

Marlene for both of us

No comments: