Dear Family,

I am thrilled that Dad is sending his devotionals by email. He has a wealth of wisdom. "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom" Proverbs 9:10. The treasure trove of gems he daily mines from God's Word and the books he reads become more precious as he shares them. Miles separate us, but cyberspace has stepped in to bring us closer together and enable Dad to share in this way. I am posting his devotionals on Blogger by request of many who wanted to be "adopted family" in order to read his devotionals.

Because I have often wanted to share photographs, slide shows, and short home movies with you, I am starting a blog for that purpose. Dad bought me a digital camera in spite of my protests, but I have enjoyed using it and wish to share the joy in the photos I have taken.

In our earlier days much of our lives was documented with slides. However, slides cannot be enjoyed unless they are projected on a screen--that is, until the dawn of the digital world. I have scanned all those slides on to my computer, but here they sit. Now, with the help of Blogger, I can share them with you as I have time to upload them, and you can view them at your leisure.

I'm sure these iMages will evoke memories, and I hope you will not mind indulging my musings. Also, there may by memos I wish to share from time to time.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Remembering Grandma Bea

Valerie with "Gammy" in the dress she made her. The dress got handed down to Vicky, Bea, and Becky.

Dear Children,

I am remembering your grandma--“Gammy” or “Grandma Bea”--in a special way this evening, as it’s been two years since she went to be with the Lord.

You kids have many memories of what a fun grandma she was. These pictures will bring back some memories to some of you. You will all remember the big house in Woodstown and all the fun things she did with you and for you there. What a great time we had when “Poppy” and “Gammy” visited us in Japan! Later they moved to New Hampshire to be near us. After Poppy died she visited us in Alaska many times. I’m sorry I don’t have a picture of her riding Bea’s snow machine on her last trip to Alaska at age 89.

She was a unique, hard-working, intelligent, talented woman; a dedicated mom; a proud grandma; a generous soul. She made life fun for all. She was a friend to all. She loved the Lord with all her heart as she struggled to please Him. I couldn’t have had a more loving and supportive mother-in-law. My gratitude for her has grown as days have passed, and I look forward to the day we will be praising our Saviour together.

Last evening I perused “Mom’s Book,” Teardrops in the Mashed Potatoes—Over 50 years of Lovin’ and Cookin’. From that book, I chose a couple of Mom’s favorite hymns to share with you as we remember her in a special way tonight.

He Giveth More Grace
He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength when the labors increase;
To added affliction He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials His multiplied peace.

His love has no limit, His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth and giveth and giveth again. —Annie Johnson Flint

Mom’s version of “What A Friend We Have In Jesus”

What a friend I have in Jesus,
All my sins and griefs to bear;
What a privilege I have
To take it all to God in prayer.














2 comments:

Jud and Maria said...

I love seeing these pictures. It will be fun to show this to Tucker and Aliya when they are older.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://sunkomutors.net/][img]http://sunkomutors.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]adobe educational software, [url=http://sunkomutors.net/]fisher price software downloads[/url]
[url=http://sunkomutors.net/][/url] software with academic discount softwares to buy
nero 9 crashes system [url=http://sunkomutors.net/]microsoft office 2007 educator discount[/url] acdsee torrent
[url=http://sunkomutors.net/]student discount softwares[/url] for selling a software
[url=http://sunkomutors.net/]discount software sites[/url] academic software downloads
microsoft student discount software [url=http://sunkomutors.net/]download adobe acrobat 9 pro extendet[/b]